Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Flaming Hot Slot

Flaming Hot Demo is an interesting game for you to try. It's made by Japanese developer Kurogane, a developer of some games on the Dreamcast before it was discontinued. This is probably one of the most ambitious games they have ever released for the system, which they refer to as "Flaming Hot".
I thought this game was interesting when I first played it a few days ago. When I got the demo CD, I opened it up and played the first level. The design is a little different than what I expected, but the gameplay and visuals are pretty nice. The game is played using the Japanese style of fighting game in 2D graphics. You are in the middle of a fight, where you will be defending yourself against attackers.
I didn't think it would be very difficult at all to win the battle, but it did take me a little while to get it going. I'm sure it won't take you long to figure out how to beat the enemies, but it did take me a while to get into the groove. I did manage to beat the game without too much trouble, though. I was able to knock out several enemies with my special attacks, which did make it a little easier. I don't know if the developers meant it to be a puzzle-game, but I did find myself playing a little bit differently than normal.
There are also some side objectives, such as collecting coins, which can also give you points. I found myself having to play a little bit smarter in order to keep up with the game, especially after I got a few coins to collect. I got a lot of bonus points for this, which I thought was pretty cool. I just found that there were a lot of points to be earned for losing a few rounds of the game.
The other side of the game is that you need to collect all of the blue coins scattered around the area, or else you won't be able to get the Flaming Hot slot. This can be done by beating the enemies, defeating the boss and finding all of the blue coins, or by purchasing one of the coin bags for ¥200 each.
I was really impressed with the amount of different ways the game could be played. Each character can go in different directions with his special attack, and each character has their own set of moves. While playing the game, I was continually impressed with the different areas and the different moves they each had.
Flaming Hot Slot is one of the most intriguing games I've played on the Dreamcast. It was surprisingly difficult to get into, but once I did, I was impressed with the entire experience. I can't wait to see what the developers do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment